Hey! Heather and Jess here! As you may know, we've been friends for over 20 years. We think that pretty much qualifies us as "BFF" ;)
Today -- June 8 -- is National Best Friends Day. We thought it would be the perfect chance for a couple of old friends like us to share with you some of our most favorite things, so you can get to know each of us a little better, and maybe peek into why we work so well as friends... and business partners!
- I just looooove great beauty products. My favorite right now is Poppy & Monroe here in Nashville. They use all-natural, safe products.
- Fresh. Flowers. I'm sure to get some every week or so. mqy favs are peonies, poppies and hydrangeas. I LOVE jars, so I always use Mason or Weck jars for the flowers I get.
- Staying in a fabulous hotel room is the best. Matt and I do "staycations" from time to time, and that's my favorite part!
- My drink of choice is champagne. For any occasion! I love the glass, the bubbles... everything. Sparkling Rose is a close second!
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE throwing parties! Making the food, setting up the table, it's all so fun to me. Even those last minute get-togethers are amazing -- especially night time hangs on our porch.
- Going to see music with Matt is a huge one. It's one of my favorite things we do on our date nights.
1. My Madsen Bike is my FAVORITE THING EVER! I got it after I had Rose. Me and the girls ride it to school, the beach, grocery shopping... you name it. I love it way more than the car, and the girls love it too!
2. Ben & Jerry's Tonight Show Dough... yes, I can eat an entire pint in one sitting. I don't do it often but when I am craving ice cream, it's go big or go home.
3. I started going to Cycle Bar about two years ago, and I'm addicted. It is the best stress relief! It really feels like a bar or "dance club" sans the alcohol. Plus, it's dark so no one can see you, and they play the best music!
4. Palmetto Bluff. It is my absolute favorite place on the planet. It's about a 30 minute boat ride from Hilton Head, and it's a gem of the Lowcountry. Brian and I will go over on an evening boat ride, or we'll take the girls over on Sunday to grab brunch. AND, they host one of my FAVORITE festivals! It's called "Music to Your Mouth." Definitely worth visiting.
5. I change beauty products a lot... but there's one thing I've stayed loyal to: Thayer's Rose Water Witch Hazel. The Lowcountry gets ridiculously hot and humid and this is the best toner I have found. My littles even like it.